Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ever since I can remember the thought of food has excited me like very few things can! Yes, pun intended. ;)


The idea of a food blog has been on my mind for a long long time now. Not because I am a great cook but because I love eating...because I love watching people cook when they do so as passionately (Courtesy MasterChef Australia of course!) ... because there are those really rare times when I do cook and enjoy my space, my kitchen and the idea of serving up joy on a platter to the people I love!
I couldn't possibly word it well enough to express how much I love food (the eating, the watching, the preparing, all of it!). However, the idea of a food blog lacked something, I couldn't really put my finger on what that 'it' was till I was sitting at Lemongrass on the 4th of January 2013 at 1115 in the night with one of my best friends for a really late dinner and we started talking about our love for food and how we were meeting after almost 10 months and what followed was a heart warming, laughter-filled conversation complemented brilliantly by the Sula Rasa and some amazing Crispy Basa in Dry Red Chilly Sauce (the combination is unbelievable!). 
That conversation and dinner ended with The Social Kitchen being born. When Sunil Karanjikar, my friend, just went on to say that when it came to me, it was never about the food or the ambience at a place alone, it was (as it is in every other case), over and above everything else about people, about the experiences, about being connected, about the memories, about the emotions. Something clicked. Instantly. I knew this had to be 'it'.  
With a lot of happiness and contentment in my heart, I now start "The Social Kitchen", my blog which talks not just about the food at a place but the unforgettable memories you can create there. I have always believed that people will get bored of a place and it's food invariably no matter how incredible the food is. The only reason they will go back to a place is the warmth, the sense of belonging and when they know that it somehow feels like home. The Social Kitchen will tell you about such places, where you would want to spend some of the best times of your life.
Cheers. (And in true twitter style) ... *clinks glass*!
M


4 comments:

  1. Superb! Looking forward to reading up a lot abt amazing experiences and places in this space! :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mahima!! So glad to see you reply! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great stuff.. and I really mean it.. Didn't know you could write!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I connect with the warm memories & emotions when it comes to the places more than the food. That holds true for me too. Write on M :)


    Loads of love,
    Su

    ReplyDelete